So, you are an owner of a new pair of AirPods. The AirPods are gaining popularity among users throughout the world. That is because they are convenient to use and operate. These are perhaps the first wireless earbuds on the market.
They are nicely designed too. You can connect with several devices according to your requirement. They do that with the help of the Bluetooth that is present on the devices. It is easy and convenient.
If you want to connect AirPods to your iPhone, but are wondering how to, then do not fret. Today, we are going to find out how you connect AirPods to iPhone. You will be delighted to know that the device uses the H1 chip.
The iPhone supports the features that are present in the AirPods. Since it comes with Bluetooth, the audio streaming feature is offered on a barrage of devices. Let us find out how to connect your AirPods with the iPhone.
How to Connect AirPods to iPhone?
We will now find out how to connect AirPods to iPhone.
- The first step would be to switch on the Bluetooth option in your AirPods. We would like to remind you that you need to have the Bluetooth switched on. You will need to use the settings option to do that. Then choose the Bluetooth option by clicking on the slider that is present to it. When the slider is green in color, then you know that the Bluetooth connection is switched on.
- Now, you have to place your AirPods back inside the carry case and close it. It would help if you opened the setup prompt on your iPhone. It can be done by going to your home screen of the iPhone. It would help if you did that by placing your iPhone close to the AirPods case. Once you have connected with the setup prompt, you need to tap on the connect option.
- It is slightly different from previous models of the iPhone. It would help if you pressed the home button on the iPhone. The button is present at the end of your device. To open the setup prompt on the latest iPhone, you need to swipe on your smartphone.
- Now, you need to place the AirPods inside the carry case close to your iPhone. That helps in better connectivity. You will have to go to other settings for first-time users to enable the “Hey Siri” function.
- You need to click on the done option. The final step is quite easy because you need to read the instructions given on the pop-up window that is provided on your iPhone. You do have the option of skipping these steps by closing the pop-up window.
That is it. You are now connected to the iPhone. You can listen to your favorite tracks or listen to documentaries. When you are connected, you can reconnect anytime you want. When you place your AirPods inside your ears, a connected sign appears.
You do not have to repeat the setup again. You can simply begin your listening session.
How to Connect Your AirPods to Your iPhone Manually?
Did you know that you can connect your AirPods to your iPhone manually? Let us try it out for ourselves and see.
- You need to place the AirPods inside the carry case and then close it.
- Place your iPhone next to your AirPods. It would help if you opened the case. Then you have to press the button at the back of the case and then hold it for a few seconds. You will have to press it until you see a white light that blinks. On the AirPods Pro, the status light is present on the front of the case. When you own an older device, then you can find it on the inside of the case.
- You have to press connect when the notification appears on your iPhone.
Why is my AirPods Not Connecting to My iPhone?
What happens if your AirPods do not connect to your iPhone? There is nothing to be concerned about or get worried. You can make it work. All you need to do is simply follow the steps given below.
- You need to check the battery level on your AirPods. At times, when there is no sufficient battery, then the device may not work as expected. It will malfunction. Hence, you need to ensure that the battery level is above 80%. If the battery is low, you need to keep them inside the case and then charge it.
- You need to check the battery level on your iPhone. It could be that your iPhone does not have the requisite battery to operate. If that is so, you would want to recharge it for some time.
- When the AirPods have the battery and are still not connected, then you may want to reboot it. It is quite simple. You need to open the case and use the iPhone’s Bluetooth settings. Near the AirPods option, you will find an “i” icon. You have to click on that. A notification appears “forget the device.” Click on it. Then you have another notification, “confirm.” Please click on that.
- Now reset your AirPods. Your AirPods have been disconnected from the iPhone. You can reset the AirPods. To do that, you need to press the back of the case for 15 seconds. Doing that causes a LED light to flash on it.
- Your AirPods is reset. You can pair it again to your iPhone or any other device for that matter.
- You have to disable the low power mode. If you have the low power mode option enabled on your iPhone, then disable it. The low power mode allows your iPhone to run for a lengthy period of time.
- You can disable the low power mode on your iPhone by going to settings. Then use the battery option and tap on the slider present next to low power mode. When it is switched off, the slider appears gray in color. Besides, you can also switch it off through the control center using the battery icon that is yellow in color.
- When the AirPods are connected to your iPhone, but you can’t hear anything, then you will want to switch the audio output on your iPhone. That is because you are connected to another device using Bluetooth. So, switch the audio from your iPhone. Doing that enables you to listen to the sound. Use the control center and click on the Air Play button. On the right side, it appears like a triangle having circles.
- Likewise, you may want to disconnect from other Bluetooth devices from the iPhone. When you are connected to several Bluetooth devices on your iPhone, then you have to disconnect from them. To do that, you have to go to the settings option, then use the “i” icon and disconnect.
- Sometimes your iPhone might not be updated. Users have complained that the AirPods do not connect if iPhone does not run the latest iOS 13.2 and higher. The AirPods 1 work on iOS 10 and higher. The AirPods 2 operate on iOS 12.2 and higher. You need to go to the settings, then choose general and software update options. Selecting the software update, you can notice the iOS version you are using. If you are using older software, then please update it. You can keep the iPhone on charge when the download takes place.
Though the AirPods is a versatile device, some technical snags plague it. Fortunately for you, plenty of online guides and video tutorials can aid your connectivity. Using them enables you to connect your Airpods to your iPhone efficiently.
James Smith has always been intrigued by electronic products since his childhood. After his post graduation in electronics from a popular university, he decided to pursue a career in the electronics sector. But his calling for writing about these marvellous pieces of work got the better of him. That is how UBG was started. With a writing career spanning more than 12 years, James has worked on several hundred product reviews. During his free time, he like to spend time with his pet dog and relax in the swimming pool.