So, you are aware that your AirPods can connect to your MacBook, iPhone, and iPad as well. They were designed and produced for that very purpose. But what about your laptop (Windows) that is in your house or at your friend’s place?
The good news is that you can connect your AirPods with a Windows laptop. The process is pretty straightforward, and you can connect to your laptop (Windows) in no time. We will run you through them in this post.
How to Connect AirPods to a Laptop (Windows)?
The AirPods from Apple was mainly designed for iOS devices like the iPad and the iPhone. However, the device works on Android devices like smartphones and tablets. Moreover, you can also use them on your laptops (Windows).
The earbuds come with the Bluetooth feature that is quite handy to connect to other devices. However, you cannot make use of Siri because it operates only if you connect with an iOS device. Here is how you can connect your AirPods connected to the laptop (Windows).
- It would help if you made sure that the AirPods were fully charged. This feature is a common mistake or error that most of us tend to make at the beginning. We fail to notice the battery level in our enthusiasm to connect and listen to our favorite songs. What happens is that the Bluetooth connectivity will not take place because of this issue. So, please make sure that the battery level on your AirPods is above 80% for it to work.
- It would help if you made then use the settings option on the start menu. The settings option is shaped like a gear. It is present above the power option. Moreover, you can also type the settings on the menu search box if you are having trouble finding it.
- You need to click on the Bluetooth & other devices option. Below that option, you can notice that there is an option to ensure that the Bluetooth is switched on. You must ensure that it is on. You have to slide the switch to the right side to make it blue in color.
- Once that is done, you have to click on the add Bluetooth or device option. The option is there with a plus sign in front of it. You have to click on the plus sign to activate it.
- Then you have to add the device using another window. Then you can click on the Bluetooth option again. It may be slightly confusing, but we are almost done, with a few more steps to go. That is it.
- Now we are done with the laptop (Windows) and need to use the AirPods. For that, you must open the case of the AirPods.
- You will have to hold the small button that is present on the rear of the case for a few seconds. It is a small button. You can notice that the status light starts blinking. You can then stop pressing. The light blinks in white color. Now the AirPods is ready for pairing.
- In the add a device window, you can notice a notification appearing with all the devices that are connected to your laptop (Windows). You can find the AirPods also in that list. Sometimes it could be mentioned as headphones. But it changes to AirPods after a few moments, so you don’t have to get confused. You need to click on the AirPods option.
Once you have clicked on AirPods, you can find them on the list of available devices that are paired. That means you have successfully paired your AirPods with the laptop (Windows). Now, you are ready to listen to your favorite songs and music using the AirPods.
Why I’m not able to listen to the songs on the AirPods?
Sometimes when you have connected your AirPods properly to the laptop (Windows), you may still not be able to listen to the songs. It can be annoying and frustrating. What went wrong? These things happen.
Let us help you with that.
- You may want to check whether the audio output is paired or switched to the wireless mode. It happens most of the time, but the wireless mode is sometimes not switched automatically.
- It may have to do with your laptop. You can right-click on the sound icon that is present on your laptop. Then open the sound settings and choose the dropdown option. It is below the output option. Then you have to select the AirPods option.
- Still, if it does not work, then you may want to restart your laptop. You can also close and then reopen the Windows app. Sometimes depending on the quality of your laptop and the specification, it might take some time. The best would be to restart the machine.
My AirPods keep disconnecting; what do I do?
Again, there is nothing to get all worked up. It mainly depends on your Bluetooth connectivity. Most of the time, the Bluetooth connectivity is not at its best. Your AirPods might disconnect often.
- You might want to re-sync your AirPods. To do that, you have to place them inside your case and then close the lid for some time. Then you can put them back on your ears. The process should be done. It should be able to re-sync with your laptop (Windows).
- If it does not re-sync, then you have manually connected the devices using Bluetooth.
- When you notice that the AirPods is not getting to connect despite trying everything, it must be because several devices are connected to your laptop. This is when you might want to remove a few devices and free up the laptop (Windows). For example, when you have a keyboard, mouse, and AirPods, your system might not accept or provide connectivity for all simultaneously.
Can we use AirPods for gaming purposes?
Yes, AirPods can be used for gaming when you are connected to your laptop. Though Apple did not produce it specifically for gaming purposes, you can consider it for mild games. The music quality is splendid, making it suitable for games as well.
But you can notice delays in the sound production. When you hear gunshots or bombs going off, there is some delay in that happening. Your gaming experience can be mildly affected because of that.
As you can see, connecting AirPods to your laptop (Windows) does not have to be a complicated task at all. Just follow our easy steps, and you will be connected in no time. You know what to do when you are not able to connect the AirPods to the laptop as well.