Do you love to play games on your gaming consoles? While several gaming consoles are available in the market, Sony’s PS4 has managed to remain in the top spot for a few years now. Users are particularly delighted with how easy it is to use and play with.
Besides, you can play a wide range of games with it. That is probably why it is extremely popular among users worldwide. The gaming console has a DualShock 4 (DS4) controller that is almost the same as the classic PlayStation controller.
You can find that it has a directional pad, triangle, two sticks, four triggers, square, cross, and circle buttons. You can also find a directional pad at the front of the PS4. Though you can play with your PS4 on several devices, you can also play with it on your PC.
That is right. That is what we will be reading about in this post. By the end of the article, you will learn how to connect the PS4 controller to your PC. There are a few ways to do it. We have discussed both of them in the below post.
There are two ways to use Bluetooth and without using Bluetooth. They both are pretty straightforward. You will be done in no time and start playing your favorite games using your PC (Windows).
How to Connect a PS4 Controller to PC Using Bluetooth?
Here are some easy steps for you to connect your PS4 controller to your PC (Windows).
- You need to click on the start button that is present on the Windows taskbar. You are provided with a list of options on the menu bar. Then you have to click on the Settings option. The settings option is shaped like a gear. It is located above the power button.
- You have to go to the Windows search box inside the settings option. It would help if you typed in, then words, Bluetooth. You will get a list of results. In that, you can choose the Bluetooth and other device settings.
- Then you have to turn on the Bluetooth. You can find the button and click it to the right.
- Now, we have to come to the PS4 gaming console. You have to ensure that the device is in rest mode. You can also turn it off. That is to ensure that the controller is not connected to it.
- Now, you need to hold the PS and the share buttons that are present on the controller for 5 seconds. You will then notice a light present at the top of the controller that begins to flash.
- You need to place the controller in pairing mode. Then you have to make use of the add Bluetooth or other device option. You can find that on the add a device page option.
- Then click on Bluetooth and choose the wireless controller present on the list of available devices. When you have to put a code, then you can enter 0000. Then choose the PS4 controller when it appears on the list of the available Bluetooth devices. You should be able to connect to the controller automatically.
- You can connect using Steam. When you play most of your games on your PC (Windows), you connect the PS4 controller using a USB cable. It works immediately, and you can use any Steam games that are compatible with the controller support.
How to connect a PS4 controller to your PC without Bluetooth?
You would also want to know that you can connect your PS4 controller to your PC (Windows) without using Bluetooth. It can be done using an option known as the DS4Windows. Here is how you can do it.
- You should be able to download DS4Windows from GitHub. You must download the latest version of the software. It usually is in the format DS4Windows_1.7.17_x64.zip. You can click on it and then download the zip version of it.
- Then you have to install the DS4Windows by using the zip file. Then it would help if you doubled click on the DS4Updater.
- You have to connect your PS4 controller to the PC using the USB cable.
Why is my PS4 controller not connecting with the PC?
These things happen, unfortunately. But you can rectify them in no time. We have given a few steps that you may want to read carefully.
Check the battery level on your PS4 and your PC (Windows).
- Check whether your PC is completely charged. Sometimes, the most basic things matter at the end of the day. You would be surprised to know that you have forgotten to check the battery level in your excitement. If the battery level is less than 20%, it may not work.
- Check if the PS4 is switched on. Probably you forgot to turn on the PS4, and it is still not switched on. The first way to find a PS4 controller not connecting to a PC is to connect the controller by using a USB cable.
How to connect the controller through the USB?
- You need to insert the USB cable into the PS4 through the rear. Then you can insert the other end of the USB into the PS4 controller.
- You will have to wait for 1 hour at least for the controller to become completely charged.
- You must then press and hold the P5 button. The button is on the center of the controller to resync the PS4.
- When the controller is ready for pairing, you can hear a beep sound.
- When the PS4 controller does not work with your USB, you have to use another USB cable. The methods will be the same as given below.
How to reset the PS4 controller?
- When it is not connecting, then you have to reset the PS4 controller.
- You have to turn off the PS4 properly.
- You can unplug the wireless router to remove the internet connection.
- It would be best if you found the reset button. To do that, you can see the rear of the controller for the reset button. You can note a small hole that is present near the screw beside the L2 button.
- You should poke the slot carefully. You can do that by inserting a small pin or something similar to that. You have to push the reset button for a few seconds and then release it.
- You have to connect the DS4 controller to the PS4 through the USB cable. You can use the PS4 and then press the PS4 button. You have to press it until you can hear a beep.
- Now, you have to press the reset button.
Why is the PS4 not being detected on my PC (Windows)?
- You have to remove the PS4 controller from the Bluetooth devices.
- You have to restart your PC (Windows). You have to make sure that the DS4 controller has a battery level of 80%. When the battery is low, then please put it for a charge.
- Then open the Windows search option and choose the control panel. You have to choose the view devices option. You have to choose the hardware and sound option and choose the printer’s link.
- You need to then search for the Bluetooth PS4 controller. Please right-click on the option and then remove it. You can remove the Bluetooth PS4 controller by clicking on yes.
- You have to choose devices and printers. Then you need to install the DS4Windows app. Finally, you have to pair the controller.
You have to re-enable Bluetooth
This is the final method to check why your PS4 controller is not getting connected to your PC. Since you are connecting your PC to your PS4 controller using Bluetooth, you must ensure Bluetooth is detected.
You can re-enable Bluetooth. You can do that by disabling the PC’s Bluetooth. It can be done from the Windows settings menu. It would help if you waited for a few seconds to enable it again. Now, you can pair your PS4 controller with the PC using Bluetooth.
There you go. The above were some methods to connect your PS4 controller with your PC. We have also given you what to do when it is not connecting to your PC (Windows). We hope you liked and enjoyed reading the above post.
Please do let us know if you have any doubts or queries related to the PS4 controller connectivity to your PC (Windows). We will be glad to hear from you and be able to help you with it.
James Smith has always been intrigued by electronic products since his childhood. After his post graduation in electronics from a popular university, he decided to pursue a career in the electronics sector. But his calling for writing about these marvellous pieces of work got the better of him. That is how UBG was started. With a writing career spanning more than 12 years, James has worked on several hundred product reviews. During his free time, he like to spend time with his pet dog and relax in the swimming pool.